FORWARD WITH HONOR
Preparing for & Responding to Future Crises
The COVID-19 pandemic has taken more than 197,000 American lives, caused an extreme spike in the numbers of Americans without a job, and will have a impact on the economy for many years to come. This is a time for bold measures in order to flatten the curve and prevent future pandemics.
We need competent leadership in Washington who will work to protect the health and safety of all Americans from future pandemics. It is never too early to prepare for the next pandemic or crisis while working to rebuild the devastating effects of the current pandemic. As a Congressman, Phil would fight for an independent Pandemic Commission and a reinstatement of the pandemic early-warning program to improve the country’s ability to respond to the next pandemic or crises. Additionally, Phil supports protections for our democracy and U.S. elections in the face of pandemics by enacting federal automatic voter registration and vote-by-mail options.
Phil Ehr Supports:
- Establishing an independent Pandemic Commission patterned after the 9/11 Commission
- Enacting federal automatic voter registration and vote-by-mail option
- Reinstating the pandemic early-warning program, PREDICT
- Increasing domestic production and supply of necessary medical equipment such as hospital beds, ventilators, and face masks
- Strengthen and reform international health care organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Protecting American troops by strengthening the DoD’s Force Health Protection Program
- Re-establishing American leadership on the world stage to address all threats to global health, the environment, and security