FORWARD WITH HONOR
Comprehensive Reform & Dreamer Protection
Immigration has been a touchstone of the U.S. political debate for decades. With more than four million immigrants residing in Florida, comprehensive immigration reform is necessary for the wellbeing of our people.
Current immigration policy has made life increasingly difficult for this nation’s immigrants. It has become almost impossible for refugees to seek asylum in the United States. Xenophobic comments against immigrants, combined with an increase in migration from Central America, has strained the U.S. immigration system. We need immigration reform that provides a clear path to citizenship for people who are already a part of the community. We must also protect the thousands of children who enter this country at no fault of their own. Dreamers have attended colleges, served in our military, and contributed to our economy and communities in impactful ways.
Border patrol is another important aspect of immigration, and it provides an essential function for the security of the nation. We need courageous leaders to ensure secure borders while also enforcing it in a humane way. If elected to Congress, Phil will fight for immigration reform and expand humanitarian efforts at our borders.
Phil Ehr Supports:
- A secure U.S. border
- Providing a clear path to citizenship
- Keeping families together
- Normalizing relations with Cuba
- Addressing the root causes of migration from Central American countries
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), which allows people who illegally migrated to the U.S. as children to have a two-year period of delayed deportation and work permit eligibility
- The ENLIST Act of 2019, which grants citizenship for Dreamers through military service