FORWARD WITH HONOR
Bases and Veterans
Honoring our Veterans
Northwest Florida is proud to host more active-duty military families and veterans than any Congressional District in the nation. We must live up to the promises we made to those who have fought for our freedoms. We have to do better. As a 26-year Navy veteran who receives healthcare through the VA, Phil understands first hand the challenges veterans in Northwest Florida face. We must dignify the service of our nation’s veterans by providing them with quality medical care and services. Phil will work to increase benefits for veterans and military families by defending the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill and increasing educational opportunities and job training.
We will never forget the devastating terrorist attack on NAS Pensacola in December 2019. NAS Pensacola is the Cradle of Naval Aviation, home to the Blue Angels, and where Phil earned his Wings of Gold as a Naval Flight Officer. As a Congressman, Phil will push for increased security measures for foreign trainees, and a comprehensive vetting program to ensure no more military families are harmed.
If elected to Congress, Phil has made a commitment to forgo the gold standard healthcare provided to him as a Member of Congress. Phil will continue receiving care through the VA to stand with the millions of veterans who are demanding better quality health care through the VA.
Phil Ehr supports:
- Protecting and expanding all services offered by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- The continuation and complete funding of the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill
- Prevent the privatization of the VA
- Financing and expanding mental health services and suicide prevention
- Legalizing medical marijuana
- Increasing security measures for foreign trainees on U.S. military installations